Tales From Year Zero
Adam is unable to control the mech and suffers a seizure during the procedure. He loses control of the Jaeger, which crashes to the ground. His death makes Dr. Lightcap uncertain about using the next candidate, Lieutenant Sergio D'Onofrio.
Sergio pilots Brawler Yukon in the next demonstration, February 18, 2015. Sergio manages to make the Jaeger walk, but the neural load is again too much for his brain and triggers a seizure. Caitlin, who theorizes one mind controlling the entire Jaeger is too much, uses the pons bridge to connect with Sergio. Her efforts create the first Drift. The demonstration is a success and the higher-ups of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps move to authorize the Jaeger Program.
On April 23, 2015, weeks before the first line of battle-ready Jaegers are prepared for deployment, the Kaiju Karloff is detected on its way to Vancouver, BC. The PPDC decide to field test Brawler Yukon and deploy Lightcap and Sergio to engage the beast. Brawler Yukon kills Karloff, showing the world that humanity is ready to fight back against the Kaiju.
Tales From The Drift
At an undetermined time, Brawler Yukon is deployed against the Kaiju Thunderhead, who emerged from the Breach near the coastline of an undisclosed city. Brawler attacks Thunderhead, distracting the Kaiju from Kaori Koyamada and Duc Jessop.
During Brawler Yukon's fight with Thunderhead, the Jaeger is thrown against the support pillars of a bridge and damages it. Kaori, Duc, and another PPDC member use what remains of the PPDC submersible to keep the bridge's pillar from collapsing under its own weight, and Brawler Yukon defeats Thunderhead.
Standing on two stubby legs, Brawler Yukon, unlike some of the future Jaegers, did not have a very humanoid structure. Its body is large and hunched with a large neck leading up to the Jaeger's small head. It has huge dome shaped armor plating around its shoulders, and long thin arms with massive blades attached. Brawler Yukon is armed with several missiles on its back that are fired into the air like mortars.
- The following is roster of named Kaiju defeated by Brawler Yukon, assisted or on its own.
- Main article: Brawler Yukon/Appearances
- In 2015, NECA intended to produce an action figure for Brawler Yukon in their 2016 line of Pacific Rim action figures, but allowed their rights to the licence to expire.
- In 2013, Travis Beacham stated that Lightcap and Sergio would continue to pilot Brawler Yukon for the duration of its service in the Kaiju War. However, neither character is ever seen or mentioned in Tales From The Drift.
- According to Travis Beacham, Brawler Yukon is a United States Jaeger and a Mark-1 type. Later, he stated its status as a prototype Jaeger means it is not affiliated with any specific country.