Manapul is known for his work on Witchblade and The Necromancer for Top Cow, working on the former for three years, off and on, returning for the tenth anniversary issue in 2005. He has provided covers for various titles, most notably for some G.I. Joe comics from Devil's Due Publishing.
In 2007, he signed an exclusive contract to work with DC Comics. In 2008 Francis became the artist for DC's Legion of Superheroes with Jim Shooter as the writer. Francis co-created the character Gazelle with Shooter before leaving the title. In 2009, he was named to be the artist in DC's new Flash series written by Geoff Johns which stars Barry Allen in the lead role.
In 2011 Manapul was awarded the Joe Shuster Award for Outstanding Artist and the All-in-One Award (Favorite artist known for almost-exclusively inking his or her own interior comic book pencil work and rarely the work of others in '10) from the Inkwell Awards. May 2011, DC Comics announced a massive revamp and relaunch of their entire superhero line, as part of this Francis was named writer and artist on the Flash, with his longtime colorist/collaborator, Brian Buccellato co-writing with him.
Manapul served as a guest judge in the fourth week round of the third season of Comic Book Idol, a comic book art competition sponsored by Comic Book Resources. He was also one of the TV presenters on Beast Legends from Yap films. Its premiere in the US was on September 9, Thursday at 10pm EST on SyFy.
- ↑ "WW Chicago: Francis Manapul in the Future - and on DC's Legion". Newsarama. August 10, 2007
- ↑ 2011 Nominees and Winners - Joe Shuster Awards
- ↑ Hyde, David (June 2, 2011). "The New Justice". DC Comics: The Source.
- ↑ Campbell, Josie (October 10, 2013). "NYCC: Manapul & Buccellato Go Gotham For 'Detective Comics'". Comic Book Resources.
- ↑ DC’s biggest heroes reunite in this Trinity #1 exclusive
- ↑ "Round 4: The Final Four" Comic Book Resources' February 29, 2008