|Given Name||Matador Fury|
|Launch Date||September 14, 2017|
|Country of Origin||Mexico|
Matador Fury is a Mark-3 Mexican Jaeger.
Matador Fury is piloted by two ex-convicts who work with the Pan Pacific Defense Corps. The stipulation behind their cooperation was if they piloted the Matador Fury "one more time" they could earn their freedom. Sometime during the Kaiju War, Matador Fury is destroyed and taken to Oblivion Bay.
When questioned on the whereabouts of Mexico's Jaeger on Twitter, writer Travis Beacham replied, "They all have names. Mexico's is Matador Fury" and that the film's "bible" was "very big". Guillermo del Toro's intention was to include Matador Fury in the movie, but states that the inclusion of both the characters and the Jaeger itself "was just too many backstories" .
- According to Travis Beacham, Matador Fury's pilots aren't criminals despite their status as convicts.
- According to Travis Beacham, both pilots are male.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 @travisbeacham, June 6, 2013
- ↑ PACIFIC RIM Lexicon Entry #3: Mark-(x)
- ↑ Jaeger Deployments
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pacific Rim: The Official Movie Novelization
- ↑ @TravisBeacham August 13, 2013
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Guillermo del Toro on the Mexican Jaeger That Didn't Make it into Pacific Rim
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Ask
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Matador Fury's pilots