|Breach Date||May 15, 2016|
|Height||188 ft (57.3m)|
|Attack Behavior||Primarily defensive; will lash out when provoked|
|Powers||Two sets of viselike pinchers and toxic spiked barbs lining its plating|
|City Targeted||Tokyo, Japan|
This Kaiju possesses four large legs, along with two thick claws. Onibaba's claws are said to able to crush over 50,000 pounds per square inch. Two small, arm-like appendages reside in the Kaiju's thorax.
Onibaba also possesses a high crest above a large, symmetrical head that can withstand close range and energy based attacks. Onibaba is not openly hostile; despite the damage it caused the general area of Tokyo, it actively avoids combat with an enemy unless provoked. Even then, its attacks are primarily defensive and not offensive.
Onibaba's attack on the Japanese capital city of Tokyo was dubbed the "Onibaba Incident". The beast lays waste to the city, killing millions of people. In the midst of destroying the city, it notices a terrified little girl wandering the streets crying for her parents: Mako Mori. The Kaiju relentlessly chases and corners her, but is interrupted by the arrival of Coyote Tango. Piloted by Stacker Pentecost and Tamsin Sevier, the Jaeger is deployed to the city to aid the military in luring Onibaba into a more isolated area in order to prevent further casualties.
During the battle, Onibaba is able to inflict damage to Coyote Tango's head. Tamsin Sevier blacks out from a seizure, forcing Stacker Pentecost to undertake the dangerous task of piloting the Jaeger alone. He succeeds in doing so and kills Onibaba, saving Mori.
- "Onibaba" means "demon hag" or "Ogre Grandma" in Japanese.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Onibaba Stats: Pacific Rim: Man, Machines & Monsters
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pacific Rim
- ↑ "It has this ornamental element where it looks like a Japanese temple, and at the same time he's a crustacean." - A movie fan's guide to 'Pacific Rim' robots and monster
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Kaiju "Onibaba": Category II
- ↑ New Pan Pacific Defense Document Revealed!
- ↑ Pacific Rim: The Official Movie Novelization
- ↑ Onibaba (folklore)