|Pentecost: I need more than a prediction, Ranger.|
|Pacific Rim: Tales From The Drift contains material that's yet to be released or pending release. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change. Please remember to add citations of information provided in the article before editing this page. Fan speculation will be deleted.|
|Pacific Rim: Tales From The Drift|
|Writer||Joshua Hale Fialkov (writer), Travis Beacham (story)|
|Penciller||Marcos Marz (primary artist)|
|Artist(s)||Marcos Marz (line art),|
Marcelo Maiolo (colorist),
Whilce Portacio (variant cover)
|Publication date||Issue #1 (November 2015),|
Issue #2 (December 2015),
Issue #3 (January 2016),
Issue #4 (May 2016)
|Price||$3.99 (single issue)|
|Preceded by||Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero|
Pacific Rim: Tales from the Drift is an upcoming four issue comic book mini-series headed by Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Pictures. The series will be written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and features art by Marcos Marz.
- "Guillermo del Toro promised more adventures from the world of Pacific Rim - and he has delivered. Legendary is taking fans back to the frontlines of a larger-than-life battleground with Pacific Rim: Tales from the Drift, the official new comic series presented by director Guillermo del Toro, featuring a story from Pacific Rim screenwriter Travis Beacham. A continuation of the bestselling graphic novel Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero, the new Pacific Rim comic series will feature Jaegers never before seen in combat, squaring off against all-new Kaiju creatures."
- —Official Description
June 26, 2014, director Guillermo del Toro announced that Legendary Pictures would be working with him to produce an ongoing comic book series and an animated series that would work as an follow up to the April 2017 sequel to Pacific Rim.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, del Toro stated that the ongoing comic book title may be follow up to Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero. The comics and the animated series would be produced and run almost in the same length, that when the sequel was released in 2017, the comic book title will have run for roughly three years, while the animated series will have aired for two.
March 25, 2015, Legendary Pictures subsidiary, Legendary Comics, officially announced the upcoming comic book series would be named Pacific Rim: Tales from the Drift. The title is a monthly four issue mini series, currently slated for a November 2015 release. Writer Joshua Hale Falkov (Echoes, Elk's Run, I, Vampire, Infected) and Brazilian artist, Marcos Marz (Catwoman, Jennifer Blood, Blackest Night: JSA) were announced as the mini-series's head writer and artist, the primary story of the comic was written by Travis Beacham. July 7, 2015, the first variant cover, illustrated by Whilce Portacio, debuted at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con.
Legendary is currently holding a contest for the upcoming mini-series. Participants will have a chance to win a page of original artwork the upcoming series if they enter at the official contest website, PacificRimComicArt.com.
Pan Pacific Defense Corps.
- Earlier, in July 2013, Travis Beacham expressed an interest in writing another comic, specifically for Tacit Ronin.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 LEGENDARY ANNOUNCES "PACIFIC RIM" COMICS SERIES, TWO ORIGINAL TITLES
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 SDCC: LEGENDARY ENTERS THE RIFT WITH CON-EXCLUSIVE "PACIFIC RIM" VARIANT
- ↑ Pacific Rim Comic Book Miniseries Coming From Joshua Hale Fialkov in November
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Guillermo Del Toro on ‘Pacific Rim 2,’ ‘At the Mountains of Madness’ and More
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 “Pacific Rim 2” Will Storm Into Theaters On April 7, 2017
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Pacific Rim: Tales from the Drift, Black Bag, Cops for Criminals - Comics Announcements
- ↑ Travis Beacham: More Tacit Ronin to come