Similar to Coyote Tango, Tacit Ronin is lightly armored allowing for greater speed and agility in order to evade Kaiju attacks. Tacit Ronin is powered by a nuclear reactor and is armed with a pair of fangblades mounted under each wrist, designed for close combat.
When not in use, the fangblades retract backwards, with the blade tip retreating behind Tacit Ronin's fists. "Cobra Strike" is one of its signature attack moves. Tacit Ronin also has two rear jets along the center of the back, most likely to increase its propulsion for quick bursts, similar to the ones on Gipsy Danger and Crimson Typhoon.
"Tacit" means to be "silent" or "unspoken". "Ronin" is a reference to the wandering Samurai from the feudal period of Japan, one without a lord or master. Its literal meaning is "vagrant" or "wave man". Together the meaning could imply the lone and silent, wandering swordsman of Japan, coinciding with the blade-orientated Jaeger's role of patrolling the country's coastline.
- The Pan Pacific Defense Corps. website contains a .PDF document citing Tacit Ronin's assignment in Lima[note 1] and its location being Tokyo, Japan alongside its brethren Jaegers. Travis Beacham states that Tacit Ronin's launch date (2015) conflicts the construction of Lima's Shatterdome which began in 2016.
- According to Beacham, the Defense Corps built a Shatterdome in Osaka, Japan in response to Asia's proximity to the breach. Nova Hyperion and Tacit Ronin were said to be stationed there. However, he later states he is uncertain that Osaka is the Shatterdome's location.
- According to Pacific Rim, Cherno Alpha is the heaviest Jaeger, built at 2,412 tons. However, Man, Machines & Monsters cites Tacit Ronin as weighing three times more at 7,450 tons. However, Marshal Stacker Pentecost could have been talking about the Jaegers currently in service and not ever built. Alternatively, the weights from the Book could be working with an older version of the script, and thus have inconsistencies
- Tacit Ronin's appearance in Pacific Rim is a cameo.
- According to Pacific Rim: Man, Machines & Monsters Kaori and Duc's last names are "Koyamada". However, Travis Beacham states the latter is Kaori's maiden name.
- Tacit Ronin is the second to last Mark-1 Jaeger produced by the Pan Pacific Defense Corps.
- Beacham hopes to feature Tacit Ronin in future comics.
- Tacit Ronin appears in Pacific Rim: The Mobile Game and costs 15000 PP$.
- NECA's Pacific Rim Series Four includes a Tacit Ronin Action Figure, which was released around October 2014.
- ↑ "In accordance with our subsidiaries and shareholders worldwide we decide that we are willing to divert $ 19,647,000,000 CLP to speed assembly of Lima Shatterdome, which will host the jaegers Tacit Ronin and the next Mark-2 of Diablo Intercept. This strike group regional will defend the southeastern quadrant Pacific basin, from Medellin to the Patagonia."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mark-1 Jaegers
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Info taken from: Pacific Rim: Man, Machines & Monsters, page 59
- ↑ @TravisBeacham August 13, 2013
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pan Pacific Defense Corps: LOCCENT Control
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Tacit Ronin: Kaori and Duc Jessop
- ↑ Tacit at thefreedictionay.com
- ↑ New Pan Pacific Defense Document Revealed!
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Tacit Ronin in Lima Shatterdome?
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Who were the Jaegers stationed in Osaka?
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Oaska Shatterdome
- ↑ Travis Beacham: Why does Japan have two Shatterdomes?
- ↑ Travis Beacham: More Tacit Ronin to come