FANDOM


  • Lily Ford
    Lily Ford closed this thread because:
    Necro Posting.
    03:19, May 4, 2018

    A living creature cant "pregnant by itself" so must be an external factor ( you know that ). If this was real, who did that to Otachi?

      Loading editor
    • Who says she can't? There are some sharks, for example, that can do so (it's just not the preferred method of reproduction, because it reduces genetic versatility and therefore hurts the species in the long run).

      That said, it's entirely possible she was impregnated by one of the Kaiju or was even built with a child developing inside (as a secondary weapon). I believe somewhere in the supplemental materials it says that the Kaiju are forced to fight after being created to determine who goes through the Breach, which would imply the Kaiju are kept alive for a while before being sent through (creating time for a potential mating).

        Loading editor
    • Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh
        Loading editor
    • Where did you get that material?

        Loading editor
    • He got it from teh internetz :)

        Loading editor
    • Travis Beacham recently stated that the Kaiju are essentially "3D-printed", and that it would be very easy for the Precursors to print a little Kaiju inside of a larger one.

      For some reason I picture this:

      Matrioshka-maidan
        Loading editor
    • Yes a higher-order organism i.e. higher than bacteria can reproduce asexually. The reason they don't is that asexual reproduction only produces clones of the original organism - also it leaves out all the fun. Clones run the risk of all being wiped out by one disease. Reproduction by splicing two different sets of DNA together introduces genetic variability thus decreasing the chances that one disease will wipe out all individuals. Otachi could have been grown to adulthood and then artificially inseminated in the lab, so when she left the lab she was already pregnant. It's not clear to me what advantage - if any - this would confer on Otachi. Pregnant females usually avoid conflict because they want to avoid injuring their fetus. So sending a pregnant Kaiju into battle with Jaegers makes no sense. What was supposed to happen? When the mother Kaiju is killed the infant Kaiju is supposed to spring out ready to take the mother's place and do battle with Jaegers? It's another one of those odd movie-things.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it made her even fiercer than usual? After all, she did attempt to take on almost three Jaegers at once while Leatherback pulled off his "deadbeat dad" act and ran off

        Loading editor
    • i think it was leather back, because if you look at the back of the skull on the infant, you will see plates similar to leather backs

        Loading editor
    • There was no "dad". Otachi was created pregnant - presumably as part of a larger strategy. Once all remaining Jaegers (and Newt) had been dealt with, it would then be feasible for her/it to retreat to a safer area to give birth. Said infant would likely grow at an accelerated rate, and before long there would then be 3 Kaiju to deal with.

        Loading editor
    • 173.74.9.123 wrote: i think it was leather back, because if you look at the back of the skull on the infant, you will see plates similar to leather backs

      No... Otachi maybe created pregnant so if she got killed, her infant quickly enlarged into Adult Kaijus. THINK

        Loading editor
    • A Category VI Kaiju wrote:

      No... Otachi maybe created pregnant so if she got killed, her infant quickly enlarged into Adult Kaijus. THINK

      "...quickly enlarged...." Where's the food going to come from for this "quick enlargement?" What does a Kaiju eat? Don't forget that for each pound of food you eat; only a small percentage of it becomes body mass. Much of it is burned as fuel. So what's a baby Kaiju going to eat to quickly grow up to full size? Remember there's a Jaeger standing nearby ready to kill the newborn Kaiju. Pregnant females always try to find a safe place to give birth. Giving birth while being attacked by a Jaeger is a pretty tough situation to deal with, but it is a war after all.


        Loading editor
    • The entire species exist as products of a more sentient race. It seems unlikely that they wouldn't carefully monitor things such as Kaiju pregnancy that might result in weakness or ineffeciency. The added weight and resource drain of a secondary Kaiju that wouldn't last 10 seconds in a fight with even a mk 1 Jaeger is impractical. If the Kaiju are engineered for one purpose why bother allowing them to breed? Breeding takes time and birth can be dangerous so why the added risk? I would subscribe to theory of asexual reproduction. The Kaiju are intelligent as demonstrated in their tactical way of fighting e.g. pretending to be dead. A desire to carry out a legacy or preserve identity is often expressed in at least humans through procreation, why not Kaiju too? Otachi gave birth to herself (philosophically) to carry on her fight. This was most likely instinct rather than some sentimental idea though; unless Newton's drift humanized the Kaiju in some small way.

      If the baby Kaiju was supposed to serve as a secondary weapon why wouldn't it enlarge the moment the Otachi died?

        Loading editor
    • In novelization Leatherback is the father. Which is why double events and so on are bad news.

        Loading editor
    • Never says Leatherback's a dad.

      I have teh Kindle version.

        Loading editor
    • Somewhere . . . somehow . . . someone's writing a disturbing Pacific Rim fan-fiction between Leatherback and Otachi (puuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssh thought out of head -_- ||| )

        Loading editor
    • 208.95.49.166 wrote:
      The entire species exist as products of a more sentient race. It seems unlikely that they wouldn't carefully monitor things such as Kaiju pregnancy that might result in weakness or ineffeciency. The added weight and resource drain of a secondary Kaiju that wouldn't last 10 seconds in a fight with even a mk 1 Jaeger is impractical. If the Kaiju are engineered for one purpose why bother allowing them to breed? Breeding takes time and birth can be dangerous so why the added risk? I would subscribe to theory of asexual reproduction. The Kaiju are intelligent as demonstrated in their tactical way of fighting e.g. pretending to be dead. A desire to carry out a legacy or preserve identity is often expressed in at least humans through procreation, why not Kaiju too? Otachi gave birth to herself (philosophically) to carry on her fight. This was most likely instinct rather than some sentimental idea though; unless Newton's drift humanized the Kaiju in some small way.

      If the baby Kaiju was supposed to serve as a secondary weapon why wouldn't it enlarge the moment the Otachi died?

      The baby Kaiju as you say would be no threat to anyone (well, apart from Hannibal Chau...) in such an immature state. Again, the overall strategy (it's been theorised) was to destroy all remaining Jaegers and the Shatterdome, kill Newt and then Otachi would likely locate a safe area to birth the child and then resume hostilities.

        Loading editor
    • That still wouldn't explain why she would be pregnant in the first place. Are you suggesting that they were planning on establishing the Kaiju as a growing population on Earth? Not that it's impossible or doesn't make sense, but why bother if the Kaiju are just tools to wipe out races on planets. Plus Newt says that they drain planets and move on so why bother breeding Kaiju on Earth?

        Loading editor
    • Still more than likely it was asexual reproduction or an accident that the Precursors couldnt be bothered dealing with. (so they sent her through the portal anyway)

        Loading editor
    • Leatherback GOT IT ON with Otachi before they send them

        Loading editor
    • I'm not going to imagine that. Twouldn't be proper and there may be children around.

        Loading editor
    • 24.53.68.184 wrote:
      That still wouldn't explain why she would be pregnant in the first place. Are you suggesting that they were planning on establishing the Kaiju as a growing population on Earth? Not that it's impossible or doesn't make sense, but why bother if the Kaiju are just tools to wipe out races on planets. Plus Newt says that they drain planets and move on so why bother breeding Kaiju on Earth?

      No, I'm not suggesting they were planning to breed the Kaiju on Earth. It could be the case that the info from Newts mind gave the Precursors the idea of making a Kaiju within a Kaiju, as a final sucker punch. Otachi would be the one most capable of moving great distances quickly and so could head further inland to deliver her "payload" as it were.

        Loading editor
    • I still dont think they had time to let both Leatherback and Otachi fight a bunch of other Kaiju to the death, AND still be modified to work so well as a team, AND get her pregnant to such a point that the offspring was highly dangerous to those around the corpse (I mean seriously, she was like a week from giving birth to that thing anyway), WITHIN about five hours before the double-event. 

      And even if Otachi was pregnant pre-fight-to-the-death selection, how did the child survive so many fights? Why werent the Kaiju already covered with battle-damage by the time they got through the Portal?

      Why would the Precursors set those beings to fight to the death when whatever pain they feel will be felt by every single body connected to the Hivemind? 

      That's quite a few of the reasons to show why I really dont think the Kaiju getting pitted against each other in an arena before deciding who's going to Earth works. Plus, if the Precursors have that dying planet or whatever (as rumored, as far as I know), shouldnt they have better things to do with all that biomass used for even a single Kaiju???

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      I still dont think they had time to let both Leatherback and Otachi fight a bunch of other Kaiju to the death, AND still be modified to work so well as a team, AND get her pregnant to such a point that the offspring was highly dangerous to those around the corpse (I mean seriously, she was like a week from giving birth to that thing anyway), WITHIN about five hours before the double-event. 

      And even if Otachi was pregnant pre-fight-to-the-death selection, how did the child survive so many fights? Why werent the Kaiju already covered with battle-damage by the time they got through the Portal?

      Why would the Precursors set those beings to fight to the death when whatever pain they feel will be felt by every single body connected to the Hivemind? 

      That's quite a few of the reasons to show why I really dont think the Kaiju getting pitted against each other in an arena before deciding who's going to Earth works. Plus, if the Precursors have that dying planet or whatever (as rumored, as far as I know), shouldnt they have better things to do with all that biomass used for even a single Kaiju???

      The question you ask in your first paragraph is answered here.

      Regarding your second question, perhaps the Otachi (inc.child) "template" was tested first to make sure it was viable. The Kaiju are expendable, disposable mass-produced weapons - for all we know (thanks in part to the link above) maybe a hundred Otachi prototypes died leading up to the creation of the one that was sent through the breach.

      Regarding your third question... it would be logical to assume the Precursors have a large degree of control of the Hivemind; who feels what and when. Like a bypass switch of sorts. It would be very dangerous for them otherwise.

      As for your final question, that is a relative concept. To us it seems like a lot of biomass and effort - to the Precursors it may as well be the proverbial grain of sand in the Sahara. A lot of our terminology and modes of thinking just can't be applied to this alien race.

      Phew, you're hard work. :P

        Loading editor
    • Heh, and I even have the navigational skills of a lobotomized chimpanzee locked in a photo-booth.

      If all the Biomass is just a grain in the Sahara, then there isnt really any drive for them to invade :/ 

      That thingy about time passing differently in the Anteverse is now highly annoying. Has anybody put it onto the wiki page yet?

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Heh, and I even have the navigational skills of a lobotomized chimpanzee locked in a photo-booth.

      If all the Biomass is just a grain in the Sahara, then there isnt really any drive for them to invade :/ 

      That thingy about time passing differently in the Anteverse is now highly annoying. Has anybody put it onto the wiki page yet?

      That is why adventures with you are so... so... FUN.

      On the contrary, there could still be plenty of drive for them to invade. For example they may have an abundance of resource X but a serious shortage or resource Y.

      As far as I'm aware, the time passage detail was indeed added to wiki page in the trivia/notes section. :)

        Loading editor
    • Maybe the aliens are on some big mining mission. Using Kaijus. Go to some planet, conquer, collect, go to the next.

        Loading editor
    • Like the Tyrranids, only less hungry!

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:

      If all the Biomass is just a grain in the Sahara, then there isnt really any drive for them to invade :/ 

      Even if they have more biomass than we do (or more accurately, the Kaiju equivalent), that's not necessarily a reason not to invade. So long as conquering Earth takes fewer resources than the Earth possesses, it's a worthwhile goal.

      It's also worth noting that the Earth has far, far more silicon than carbon.

      50.152.242.153 wrote:
      Maybe the aliens are on some big mining mission. Using Kaijus. Go to some planet, conquer, collect, go to the next.

      This is exactly what it is. Think Independence Day. Newt explained all this in the movie.

        Loading editor
    • Reaper with no name wrote:

      Basilisk Centauri wrote:

      If all the Biomass is just a grain in the Sahara, then there isnt really any drive for them to invade :/ 

      Even if they have more biomass than we do (or more accurately, the Kaiju equivalent), that's not necessarily a reason not to invade. So long as conquering Earth takes fewer resources than the Earth possesses, it's a worthwhile goal.

      It's also worth noting that the Earth has far, far more silicon than carbon.

      Yes the Earth's crust is 32% Iron, 30% Oxygen and 15% Silicon. Carbon is only 0.03%. Oxygen is necessary for most life processes. Maybe the Precursors need the Earth's oxygen?

        Loading editor
    • Well, that assumes that the Precursors and/or Kaiju are using standard carbon biochemistry with the exception of silicon replacing carbon.

      Obviously, in the real world this wouldn't work so well. Silicon bonds are about half as strong as carbon, and from what I understand less stable. There are also some more practical issues in making a direct carbon-to-silicon switch, such as the fact that silicon dioxide is a solid at any reasonable temperature and pressure. We also cannot forget the fact that despite silicon being so much more common, it was ultimately carbon-based life that flourished here on Earth.

      Then again, it's unlikely that Del Toro or Beacham either know or care.

      Still, we don't know that the Precursors or Kaiju are using exactly the same rules of biochemistry. Given that time moves differently in the Anteverse, it's even conceivable that their laws of physics are slightly different (which, given Hollywood logic, would mean "it works the way we want it to", instead of "matter as we know it ceases to exist").

      Personally, I think it is entirely possible that oxygen is one of the things the Precursors are looking for. However, I think it's highly unlikely to be the only thing.

        Loading editor
    • "...Earth has far, far more silicon than carbon."

      We don’t see a complex stable chemistry [solely] of silicon and hydrogen, as we see with carbon and hydrogen.  We use hydrocarbon chains in our lipids (molecules that make up membranes), but the analogous silane chains would not be stable.  Whereas carbon-oxygen bonds can be made and unmade — this goes on in our bodies all the time — this is not true for silicon.  This would severely limit silicon’s life-like chemistry.

      Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/91449/why-silicon-based-aliens-would-rather-eat-our-cities-than-us-thoughts-on-non-carbon-astrobiology/#ixzz2f8LD98GF What silicon life might look like:  http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/siliconlife.html

        Loading editor
    • carbon might be used to fuel the kaiju, as the fact that carbon bonds are stronger than silicon ones, thus releasing more energy. they could use silicon to grow, as we know they are silicon based. i find it funny to think of a kaiju randomly eating a rock and growing.

        Loading editor
    • Kaiju: LE GASP A ROCK-SHROOM! *nom*

      blee-blee-blee!

      Jaeger: Shit. He pulled a Mario on us!

      Kaiju: RAWR! *stomps the Jaeger*

        Loading editor
    • lols

        Loading editor
    • wtf? it says my comment was posted 13 minutes from now

        Loading editor
    • your computer clock is probably set wrong. Screenie it and show us, please XD 

      I wanna see what a delayed post looks like XD

        Loading editor
    • it just says x minutes from now, nothing specil. lus i'm on a REALLY old laptop (till has the blue bottom bar with green start button, i think windows 4 or 5) and i don't want it to explode. and no, that is not why there was a bomb squad bot in my backard. i might get round to that oneday

        Loading editor
    • A mysterious worker helping a scantily clad Mako Mori with the Mark-III Restoration Programme, going by the name "Glitch", who's appearance is much like Legion in a hoodie (Legion from Mass Effect)

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      your computer clock is probably set wrong. Screenie it and show us, please XD 

      I wanna see what a delayed post looks like XD

      I've had a few posts which said they were posted "one minute from now".

        Loading editor
    • i can' stop smiling since i read that.

        Loading editor
    • Lol internet speed can outrun time due to digitalness XD

        Loading editor
    • i meant your thing basilisk

        Loading editor
    • That too XD

      (And I have it all planned out...)

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Hundun wrote:
      A living creature cant "pregnant by itself" so must be an external factor ( you know that ). If this was real, who did that to Otachi?


      Can't get pregnant by itself. Yes, but it could have been done in a test tube. That's old stuff. In 1978, Louise Joy Brown was the first baby born via in-vitro fertilization. A test-tube baby.

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote: "...if the Precursors have that dying planet...." Yes.That explains it. They've consumed most of the resources of the planet they're on so they need to move to another planet. They found ours. They invaded. We defeated them this time. BUT: They'll be back. (Think "Terminator"). I sort of hope that when we get an up-close look at a Precursor that it'll look kind of like Pinhead (think "Hellraiser").

        Loading editor
    • Reaper with no name wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      your computer clock is probably set wrong. Screenie it and show us, please XD 

      I wanna see what a delayed post looks like XD

      I've had a few posts which said they were posted "one minute from now".

      Personal record: 3 hours from now

        Loading editor
    • Back more or less to the topic: I think it's not that important how Otachi got pregnant, but WHY? Why send a pregnant Kaiju into battle? Doesn't make any sense.

        Loading editor
    • Well, assuming that the pregnancy was intentional, it may be that Otachi was intended to give birth after the battle, as a roundabout way of getting a third Kaiju through the breach (even if it would then have to eat and grow normally).

      An alternate possibility is that the baby Kaiju was intended as a final attack against humans should Otachi fall (a final "**** you", if you will). Obviously, this wouldn't be effective against Jaegers and would only enable it to kill a handful of humans, but an infant Kaiju is nowhere near as resource-intensive as a fully-grown one, either.

        Loading editor
    • And what a final "**** you" it was. 

      Rest In Guts,

      Hannibal Chau

        Loading editor
    • Otachi MUST have gotten pregnant by means of a partner, or all my Kaiju porn is NCF!

      Jokes lol, Kaiju porn is a disturbing idea.

        Loading editor
    • Am I the only one thinking that the "secondary lifeforce" that Otachi's stats talked about actually referred to the Baby Kaiju?

        Loading editor
    • Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Travis Beacham recently stated that the Kaiju are essentially "3D-printed", and that it would be very easy for the Precursors to print a little Kaiju inside of a larger one.

      For some reason I picture this:

      Matrioshka-maidan

      I have "done a Reaper" and quoted myself. :D

        Loading editor
    • am still in the beleif that the baby kaiju was the result to (switches vocal modulators to deep love-god voice) stemay kaiju love time (switches vocal modulators back) between leatherback and otachi

        Loading editor
    • Mutavore and Otachi are more alike than Leatherback and Otachi... ZOMG THE KAIJU FROM NEWT'S DRIFT IN THE NOVEL WAS LEATHERBACK AND THEY DECIED TO GIVE OTACHI THE WINGS INSTEAD LATER AND OTACHI WAS MADE IN ADVANCE AT THE SAME TIME AS MUTAVORE AND THEY MATED

        Loading editor
    • ... wait, wut?

        Loading editor
    • Long story short: ZOMG THE BABY OTACHI'S FATHER IS MUTAVORE

        Loading editor
    • no its leatherback!

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Otachi MUST have gotten pregnant by means of a partner, or all my Kaiju porn is NCF!

      Jokes lol, Kaiju porn is a disturbing idea.


      oh god! i now have a horrible image of newt fapping to kaiju porn. his thing has tatoos on it, and  its leatherback and otachi on a screen

        Loading editor
    • Cue Pacific Hell Newt shoving Kaiju brains down his pants

        Loading editor
    • I'm just going to never, ever look at this thread again

        Loading editor
    • .*attaches one of Reaper's old ball-and-chains to Sluggie's leg*

        Loading editor
    • That's it!

      This thread crosses the "Enuff with the Internet for today" line.

      I hope a good night sleep will make me forget about Kaiju porn stuff...

        Loading editor
    • Glitchrr36 wrote:
      Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Otachi MUST have gotten pregnant by means of a partner, or all my Kaiju porn is NCF!

      Jokes lol, Kaiju porn is a disturbing idea.


      oh god! i now have a horrible image of newt fapping to kaiju porn. his thing has tatoos on it, and  its leatherback and otachi on a screen


      That's disgusting and entirely unnecessary. Straighten up and fly right (from "Tuskegee Airmen").

        Loading editor
    • This thread went from intellectual to disturbing really fast.  O_O

        Loading editor
    • so the answer is either the baby was put in there, or that some disturbing stuff happened

        Loading editor
    • Glitchrr36 wrote:
      so the answer is either the baby was put in there, or that some disturbing stuff happened

      Yes, but the real question is What was that disturbing stuff?

        Loading editor
    • think: otachi in bed with leatherback

        Loading editor
    • This thread crossed certain line and things became disturbing (or even disgusting) - but we didn't stop there, we went further, found another line and crossed it - now it's... still disturbing but in an awesome kind of way.

        Loading editor
    • ....

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, it got disturbing in a disturbing kind of way. Some of the things in this thread got a tad bit....weird.  O_O

        Loading editor
    • Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly Hyperion! I absolutely agree. Some of the comments on this thread got to be Kaiju porn. 

        Loading editor
    • Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.

      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

        Loading editor
    • There is a pretty big difference in fan speculation and masturbating to kaiju porn and sticking brains down someone's pants. That's where it got a bit weird. 

        Loading editor
    • What can I say? It was a crackfic :/

        Loading editor
    • It sure was, lol.  -.-

        Loading editor
    • Deadpool

      I should have done this a while ago

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)


      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.

        Loading editor
    • Hyperion Gold wrote:

      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)


      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.

      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

        Loading editor
    • T050189 wrote:

      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.


      AAAAAAARGH! Such language! No Otachi was cut open to gain access to the internal organs.

        Loading editor
    • T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote:

      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote:



      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business


      I, Hyperion Gold, did not mention "carrier." T050189 did.

      Higgins from "Magnum P.I."
      Higgins.2
      Looking suitably supercilious.
        Loading editor
    • Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote:



      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business

      I, Hyperion Gold, did not mention "carrier." T050189 did. Higgins from "Magnum P.I."
      Higgins.2
      Looking suitably supercilious.

      Ah, whoops. OK, so I've got no idea what T05's idea with this "Carrier" business is. (Sorry bout that, must miss-read the "some wrote" bits for a moment) XD

        Loading editor
    • and... we're back on topic

        Loading editor
    • Grandpa Karloff wrote:
      Leatherback GOT IT ON with Otachi before they send them


      You could be right - In Newts first Kaiju drift scene, I saw a Labelled diagram of a Kaijus body parts ( Trespasser I think ).

      One of the labels says "Testis" - others say Bladder, and Uretra I think.

      So there are Male and Female Kaiju!

        Loading editor
    • Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Travis Beacham recently stated that the Kaiju are essentially "3D-printed", and that it would be very easy for the Precursors to print a little Kaiju inside of a larger one.

      For some reason I picture this:

      Matrioshka-maidan
      I have "done a Reaper" and quoted myself. :D

      I have quoted myself again. No Kaiju sexy times! None! Nada! Nein! Nyet! XD

        Loading editor
    • Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Chau'sMissingShoe wrote:
      Travis Beacham recently stated that the Kaiju are essentially "3D-printed", and that it would be very easy for the Precursors to print a little Kaiju inside of a larger one.

      For some reason I picture this:

      Matrioshka-maidan
      I have "done a Reaper" and quoted myself. :D
      I have quoted myself again. No Kaiju sexy times! None! Nada! Nein! Nyet! XD

      You aint gonna last long on the quote-chain thread XD

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Quote-Ception!
        Loading editor
    • The reason for sending pregnant Kaiju into battle is a question I hope will be answered in the sequel.

        Loading editor
    • Hyperion Gold wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.


      AAAAAAARGH! Such language! No Otachi was cut open to gain access to the internal organs.


      Well, technically the infant should have been located in 'ahem' there. 

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote:




      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business

      I, Hyperion Gold, did not mention "carrier." T050189 did. Higgins from "Magnum P.I."
      Higgins.2
      Looking suitably supercilious.
      Ah, whoops. OK, so I've got no idea what T05's idea with this "Carrier" business is. (Sorry bout that, must miss-read the "some wrote" bits for a moment) XD

      As in Otachi was a means of transport for the infant Kaiju. The infant must have been developed to target Newt specifically, as 80m+ giant monsters aren't exactly designed to follow a single individual very easily. The infant would have been able to follow Newt through more enclosed spaces.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe, but I don't recall anything in the movie that clearly indicated that.

        Loading editor
    • Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Maybe, but I don't recall anything in the movie that clearly indicated that.

      Speculation, Watson.


      And knowing Newt's interest in Kaiju, the Precursors might have just planted the infant in Otachi so when she got inevitably shot down, Newt would fall into the trap.

        Loading editor
    • I'm ashamed to admit it, but when I saw Otachi in the trailer, when she was flying with Gipsy in her legs, I thought it was Rodan making a cameo appearance. That would, admittedly have been cool. How mistaken I was.

        Loading editor
    • it would have, but not possible

        Loading editor
    • Kaiju have reproductive organs, as the novelization noted. Two Kaiju could reproduce, provided they weren't attacked and killed in the mean time.

        Loading editor
    • Yes but given the degree of control shown by the Precursors I kind of doubt that they wait around for two kaiju to reproduce the old-fashioned way. I think they use in-vitro fertilization followed by implantation. Faster that way and it allows the Precursors to control things - which is what they do.

        Loading editor
    • It was explained it happens after exiting the breach. (novelization).Plus, we don't know anything about their reproductive habits.

        Loading editor
    • Even though the Kaiju are "manufactured", their origins would still be from lifeforms that evolved and had the ability to reproduce. The Kaiju eat and excreate, and have many traits in common with natural animals. The precursors have developed the means to selectively manipulate the organisms, but it would seem their Blueprints are based on original creatures. 

      Just a curiosity - what do the Kaiju eat. as they have large Carnivore teeth and mouth structures - other Kaiju? 

        Loading editor
    • Anteverse Herbivores. IE: A space cow the size of godzilla

        Loading editor
    • 21stCenturyguy wrote:

      Just a curiosity - what do the Kaiju eat. as they have large Carnivore teeth and mouth structures - other Kaiju? 


      What Kaiju eat:

      Joke.15

      Kaiju food

        Loading editor
    • I take it this is a Large can?

        Loading editor
    • EXTRA large - and made of Premuim-Quality Knifehead, too!

        Loading editor
    • Care to check out a forum I made about creating your OWN kaiju and their stats ? Check out my forums plz! PLZ PLZ PLZ, Ahem sorry,

        Loading editor
    • Kaiju do not eat; they have no need for it. I assume they produce their own energy after reading the novelization. The Kaiju are war-machines, pure and simple.

        Loading editor
    • True.

        Loading editor
    • I think that they have massive energy reserve that can be tapped into when they have no food around, but can eat other kaiju or other life should the need arise.

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Hundun wrote:
      A living creature cant "pregnant by itself" so must be an external factor ( you know that ). If this was real, who did that to Otachi?

      The less said... the better...

        Loading editor
    • Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • So leatherback stuck his hoo hoo-dilly in otachi`s cha cha o_o (south park reference)

        Loading editor
    • When a mummy kaiju and a daddy kaiju love each other very much...

      They have freaky kaiju babies that can't swallow shoes.

        Loading editor
    • Again, some things are left best unanswered.

        Loading editor
    • was otachi pregant or leatherback was pregant.

        Loading editor
    • Look at the thread title.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Otachi MUST have gotten pregnant by means of a partner, or all my Kaiju porn is NCF!

      Jokes lol, Kaiju porn is a disturbing idea.

      -no comment nescessary-

        Loading editor
    • Kaiju porn? I don't want to even imagine what that could possibly look like.

        Loading editor
    • Fans were making anthropormorphisized kaiju since the opening. It's no surprise that Kaiju porn would follow.

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri
      Basilisk Centauri removed this reply because:
      spam of the scamming type
      02:57, March 4, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • This is honestly the last place I ever expected to see one of those "This works call now!" spam things

        Loading editor
    • Well, sometimes things like that show up where you least expect them to be. It is interesting though, why would something like that appear here?

        Loading editor
    • Remove "Otachi" from the title and you've probably got le scamspam search words :P

        Loading editor
    • Oh... So that's how that got here, I guess.

        Loading editor
    • Well, she could reproduced asexually.

        Loading editor
    • Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote: SO



      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business

      I, Hyperion Gold, did not mention "carrier." T050189 did. Higgins from "Magnum P.I."
      Higgins.2
      Looking suitably supercilious.
      Ah, whoops. OK, so I've got no idea what T05's idea with this "Carrier" business is. (Sorry bout that, must miss-read the "some wrote" bits for a moment) XD

      So many people quoted this... so I will too!


        Loading editor
    • 206.226.134.135 wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      T050189 wrote:

      Hyperion Gold wrote: SO



      Basilisk Centauri wrote:
      Hyperion Gold wrote:
      Kaiju porn belongs on Fanfiction .net.  Besides; nothing in the movie indicated anything about Kaiju sexual activity.
      You mean, aside from the fact that one of them was pregnant with no in-universe explanation leading to lots of fan speculation? All of which could be a valid point? (when an applicable situiation in-universe)

      In-vitro fertilization followed by implantation into Otachi. No sex needed. Icky details witheld.
      Hell, Otachi might not have even been technically pregnant in the first place. Otachi could have been a carrier, not a breeder.

      I prefer to think that, because if the alternate was true, it would mean those poor Kaiju organ harvesters had entered the kaijus vajayjay.

      I'm pretty sure they went in via that giant cut GD made with the sword... but the baby was underdeveloped, and had the umbilical cord, and was sent on a suicide mission, so I'm unsure on Hyp's reasoning with this "Carrier" business

      I, Hyperion Gold, did not mention "carrier." T050189 did. Higgins from "Magnum P.I."
      Higgins.2
      Looking suitably supercilious.
      Ah, whoops. OK, so I've got no idea what T05's idea with this "Carrier" business is. (Sorry bout that, must miss-read the "some wrote" bits for a moment) XD

      So many people quoted this... so I will too!


      So much quoting...

        Loading editor
    • dafuq even...

      QUOTE CHAIN BROKEN MOTHERFUCKERS!

        Loading editor
    • 60.52.54.192 wrote:
      Somewhere . . . somehow . . . someone's writing a disturbing Pacific Rim fan-fiction between Leatherback and Otachi (puuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssh thought out of head -_- ||| )

      MUST REMOVE THOUUGHTS ARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Let me attempt to stop this: The reason Otachi's pregnancy couldn't have been caused by another kaiju bedding her is because it would be impossible to get beds large enough.

      ...

      Okay, that was nonsensical. At any rate, I think the kaiju is unlikely to have been produced via sexual reproduction, as it looked almost exactly like a smaller version of Otachi. Even more so, whilst there could be an explanation along the lines of certain genes being inhibited by specific proteins to keep kaiju produced from geneticly identical individuals actually looking like a combination of it's parents, it seems unlikely that those proteins wouldn't also inhibit the genes on the other parent's genetic information, leading to a kaiju with a phenotype resultant of only the genes that were active in both parents. Therefore, it is most likely a creation made by the Precursors (probably to increase the potential damage caused if Otachi would survive) or a case of parthenogenesis.

        Loading editor
    • Why not examine Otachi better? First of all she's unique it terms of trasportation and attack: wings allow her to travel quicker, her acid makes her effective at longer ranges. So I assume her purpose was to quickly find a spot where she borns the baby( possibly feeding him with her acid??? ) while being guarded by Leatherback.

      Now why did she get pregnant? That's a mystery but assuming the fact she's a bio weapon it is possible she would be the first of a new generation of Kaiju, her baby being a clone.

      Giving her 3 unique functions: flight,long range attacks and pregnacy she might be a mobile Otachi-like clone factory by auto fertillizing herself and giving birth to a clone thus creating an army. 

        Loading editor
    • ^This.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with A Wikia contributor 173.74.9.123 up at the top of the thread. If there were other people who suggested Leatherback as a father, I'm sorry I didn't read through the whole thing.

        Loading editor
    • I believe that, should the Precursors find designs they like, as in acid-spiting, flying Kaiju, they would create more by using Kaijus with compatible hoo-has' and errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm openings they would create them with more efficient ways I.E. pregnancy. NERD RANT OVER!

      --Chomp, Chomp, The Raptor.

        Loading editor
    • The more I think about it, the less I suspect that Otachi's pregnancy was an accident. More and more I find myself believing that Otachi was created with the baby Kaiju already developing in her womb as a secondary weapon (either to be birthed and rapidly grow after all Jaegers were defeated as a way of bypassing the transportation limitations of the breach, or to be used as a final attack against whoever came to inspect Otachi's corpse).

      In fact, the Precursors might have even expected that Newt might try a second drift, and the baby Kaiju could have been intended specifically to attack him.

        Loading editor
    • Oh no.

        Loading editor
    • Leatherback cannot be the father because newt staed that "All the kaiju are clones". As we know clones cannot reproduce sexually. So the only comclusion is that she either reproduced asexually or the baby kaiju was built inside of here. Either one of these means that she is no longer a her but an it.

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      ...As we know clones cannot reproduce sexually...

      Your scientific proof that the Precursors haven't got over this? Just because humanity hasn't doesn't mean they haven't, plenty of evidence suggests that their technology is organic in nature which means they must have a VERY good understanding of biology.

        Loading editor
    • Well I dont think there is a way to overcome it, Leatherback and Otachi share the exsact same DNA and a baby needs 2 different pares of DNA. Even if they could overcome this problem what would be the point a sexually reproduction would not be a nessersary addition to the kaiju. An a-sexually reproduction would be much more useful because it wouldnt need to involve 2 kaiju. So it is far more likely she reproduces a-sexually or had a baby inplannted into her.

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      ...Leatherback and Otachi share the exact same DNA and a baby needs 2 different pares of DNA...

      Not the exact same or they'd be completely identical in shape and colour. There would be variation there, probably not enough for a healthy child though, same as why an inbred child isn't healthy in most species.

        Loading editor
    • exactly which is why a a-sexualy reproduction is far more likely.

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      exactly which is why a a-sexualy reproduction is far more likely.

      For starters you fon't need the "a" and for seconds it's "asexual" not "a-sexualy".

      And we need a better look at Baby Otachi to work it out. If it's identical to Otachi then it was probably the product of asexual reproduction. If it looks somewhat different (inherited bits y'know) then it was probably the product of sexual reproduction.

        Loading editor
    • It looks just like a undeveloped Otachi It dosnt really have any features of any other kaiju.

        Loading editor
    • It was undeveloped, so it may have had more other kaiju traits. 

        Loading editor
    • Ah, but that gets into the question of what constitutes a Kaiju's traits. Given that they are literally constructed, is each Kaiju a single organism in the traditional sense of the word, or are they chimeras, with different genetic codes in different physical structures that are fused together and live in harmony?

        Loading editor
    • Reaper has a point. (Then again when doesn't he? Well, maybe when he claims Mass Effect can play with the big boys in sci-fi, but otherwise he always has a point)

        Loading editor
    • Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.

        Loading editor
    • But if the Jaegers were defeated, then the Precursors had all the time in the world to destroy humanity with more Kaiju, allowing more time for sexual reproduction on earth by the Kaiju to create more diverse Kaiju without having to create more, witch would take more time in the Anteverse then on earth and the Earth made Kaiju would be more accustomed to Earths atmosphere, gravitational capabilities, and inhabitants then Anteverse created ones.

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.

      Or they could just send another Kaiju through to back her up and mate with her.

      Dragon makes a good point about why sexual reproduction would be advantageous: the diversity would allow increased resistance to earth dieases so the Kaiju wouldn't have to worry about that in the long run. (Though whether carbon-based earth diseases can even affect a silicon-based lifeform is debateable.)

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:

      Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.

      Or they could just send another Kaiju through to back her up and mate with her.

      Dragon makes a good point about why sexual reproduction would be advantageous: the diversity would allow increased resistance to earth dieases so the Kaiju wouldn't have to worry about that in the long run. (Though whether carbon-based earth diseases can even affect a silicon-based lifeform is debateable.)

      Debateable indeed. We have no ability to predict said life forms or their resistance to Carbon-based life forms diseases. In addition, I will start a discussion to debate this idea. Unless one already exists.

        Loading editor
    • Personally, I think it wouldn't be able to affect kaiju. The biochemistry would be different enough to be incompatible.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.
      slug gunner fan said:

      Or they could just send another Kaiju through to back her up and mate with her.

      Dragon makes a good point about why sexual reproduction would be advantageous: the diversity would allow increased resistance to earth dieases so the Kaiju wouldn't have to worry about that in the long run. (Though whether carbon-based earth diseases can even affect a silicon-based lifeform is debateable.)

      Yes but theres a good chance that not both the kaiju will survive but if theres asexual reproduction they wouldnt have to worry about 2 kaiju surviving just 1 so its more logical that the kaiju use asexual reproduction in order to create more babies. Weather it would make much different to earths deseases is irrelervent since all the kaiju have the same geneome so sexual or asexual their still going to be clones.


        Loading editor
    • Hang on, it states in the novelization that the Kaiju have reproductive organs and IIRC it does say they reproduce sexually, though I may be wrong.

        Loading editor
    • I never heard that anywhere I think you might be wrong. For now no one from the the film to the novelization has stated how Otachi got pregnant. At the momment we can only come up with theories.

        Loading editor
    • It does. I have read the novelisation several times and have seen it. Newt says something about homegrown kaiju.

        Loading editor
    • It cannot possibly have gotten pregnant by Leatherback...They both don't look Identical or have similar features so to say.

      So Theoretically, The Precusor's may have Implanted Sperm from Another Otachi based creature and they implemented the sperm into the ova of Otachi...AND VOILA!

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.

      You're assuming that the Kaiju have that ability in the first place. Given that they have reproductive organs and digestive tracts (traits that aren't necessary for weapons), it's not even certain that the Kaiju were engineered from scratch. It's entirely possible (and given the evidence, even likely) that the Kaiju were genetically engineered from the types of life forms present in the anteverse, which would explain why they still possess certain traits that are unnecessary in weapons and only useful for creatures intended to survive in an actual ecosystem.

        Loading editor
    • Glitchrr36 wrote:
      It does. I have read the novelisation several times and have seen it. Newt says something about homegrown kaiju.

      glitchrr36 plz give me a link or some evidence where it explains that because I cant find it anywhere.

        Loading editor
    • Reaper with no name wrote:
      Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.
      reaper with no name wrote:

      You're assuming that the Kaiju have that ability in the first place. Given that they have reproductive organs and digestive tracts (traits that aren't necessary for weapons), it's not even certain that the Kaiju were engineered from scratch. It's entirely possible (and given the evidence, even likely) that the Kaiju were genetically engineered from the types of life forms present in the anteverse, which would explain why they still possess certain traits that are unnecessary in weapons and only useful for creatures intended to survive in an actual ecosystem. 

      The kaiju were enjeererd from scatch because in the movie you can see them getting enjeerrend by the precusors in newts mermory drift with the kaiju brain so we know they a enjeererd, Since they all have to same genome if they wrent enjeernerd they would all look indenticle.(sorry for my poor spelling). Wheer does it say that they have digestive organs or reperductive organs plz give me some evidence. Even if they do have reproductive oragans how do you know they are sexual and not asexual since they are from another universe we do not know how the asexual reproduction would work.


        Loading editor
    • Reaper with no name wrote:
      Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.
      You're assuming that the Kaiju have that ability in the first place. Given that they have reproductive organs and digestive tracts (traits that aren't necessary for weapons), it's not even certain that the Kaiju were engineered from scratch. It's entirely possible (and given the evidence, even likely) that the Kaiju were genetically engineered from the types of life forms present in the anteverse, which would explain why they still possess certain traits that are unnecessary in weapons and only useful for creatures intended to survive in an actual ecosystem.

      So you're saying the Precursors Zerged the Kaiju into existence using existing lifeforms. It's possible.

        Loading editor
    • Yes its possible that the original kaiju that they cloned could have been a exsisting life form but im assuming they would remove any of the unwanted parts and as we see they added any parts that were nessersary. 

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      ...im assuming they would remove any of the unwanted parts and as we see they added any parts that were nessersary... 

      Waste of time unless it's absolutely necessary to take them out. Just leave them there until they actually need removing if ever, it's the more pragmatic option as opposed to taking them off when you might never need to which would be a waste of time.

        Loading editor
    • Yes but that still dosnt change the fact that it could still be asexual natural or not. So my theory still stands.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Godzilla Mated with Otachi?

      It's a Possibility right?

        Loading editor
    • Godzilla King of All Kaiju's wrote:
      Maybe Godzilla Mated with Otachi?

      It's a Possibility right?

      What.

      In.

      The.

      Fack.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:

      Fogo219 wrote:
      ...im assuming they would remove any of the unwanted parts and as we see they added any parts that were nessersary... 

      Waste of time unless it's absolutely necessary to take them out. Just leave them there until they actually need removing if ever, it's the more pragmatic option as opposed to taking them off when you might never need to which would be a waste of time.


      And useless parts. Like Mutavores Chin-blade, it couldn't use it unless it rammed it's vulnerable head into a Jaeger.

        Loading editor
    • The Overlord Dragon wrote:

      ...it couldn't use it unless it rammed it's vulnerable head into a Jaeger.

      That makes sens eactually. If the Kaiju's head is rammed inside a Jaeger then any support forces are going to be hesistant about attacking it, since the Kaiju may fall if injured or killed and drag the Jaeger down with it, possibly causing severe damage to the Jaeger and certainly causing increased collateral damage.

        Loading editor
    • And gives the hit Jaeger time to prepare, as it's easy to see a Kaiju try to ram you with it's chin. And when and if the chin is in, it gives a Jaeger the chance to kill it with point blank punches. If it was effective, he would've tried on Striker.

        Loading editor
    • He could actually use it if he was fighting a smaller jeager as it does state in the novelization that he killed 2 jeagers before striker eureka killed him, you never know what it could be used for it could be used to tear through bulingings.

        Loading editor
    • And the 2 Jaegers were dismissed as 'Non-Cannon', and the Novelization called Mutavore a category 3 when he is really a category 4. Funny. this has turned into a discussion about Mutavores Chin-blade.

        Loading editor
    • threads that get this long go nuts.

        Loading editor
    • Fogo219 wrote:
      Reaper with no name wrote:
      Fogo219 wrote:
      Im just saying asexual reproduction would be a much more useful form of reproduction than sexual. Think about it from the precusors point of view they are just building war machines like the humans built the jeagers, asexual reproduction would have been much more useful because if otachi had survived she would have been able to breed an army of otachis wothout the help of another kaiju surviving.
      reaper with no name wrote:

      You're assuming that the Kaiju have that ability in the first place. Given that they have reproductive organs and digestive tracts (traits that aren't necessary for weapons), it's not even certain that the Kaiju were engineered from scratch. It's entirely possible (and given the evidence, even likely) that the Kaiju were genetically engineered from the types of life forms present in the anteverse, which would explain why they still possess certain traits that are unnecessary in weapons and only useful for creatures intended to survive in an actual ecosystem. 

      The kaiju were enjeererd from scatch because in the movie you can see them getting enjeerrend by the precusors in newts mermory drift with the kaiju brain so we know they a enjeererd, Since they all have to same genome if they wrent enjeernerd they would all look indenticle.(sorry for my poor spelling). Wheer does it say that they have digestive organs or reperductive organs plz give me some evidence. Even if they do have reproductive oragans how do you know they are sexual and not asexual since they are from another universe we do not know how the asexual reproduction would work.

      I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by "engineering from scratch".

      If I were to construct a human being piece by piece (which is what we see in the movie), I have not "engineered them from scratch". I have built them from scratch. If I build that same human with a modified genetic code (let's say, to have claws instead of nails), I have still not "engineered them from scratch". I have genetically engineered them from something else. No matter how many modifications I make, I am still working from a base template, and therefore some traits which might not be necessary could still make it in (such as those pesky vestigial organs like the appendix).

      Engineering from scratch would mean to literally create a creature without a basic template to work from. A good example would be creating a completely unique and alien lifeform out of silicon biochemistry that you invented yourself, which bears no resemblance to any carbon organism in existence. Such a creature would have no unnecessary traits at all, since they were built completely from the ground up, and literally every aspect of them was intentionally designed down to the smallest detail.

      As for the digestive system, we know the Kaiju have mouths and gullets. This implies the presence of a digestive system.

      Also, when you're quoting, if you go into source mode, you can place your text outside of the div tags that make up the quote so that your text doesn't get confused with the quoted text.

        Loading editor
    • I have an unusual theory that's probably not what was intended, but makes a certain amount of sense.

      We know kaju have a hive mind in some form. What if Minitachi wasn't Otachi's child, but a backup body? If the main body is killed, she could upload into it, slip away, grow up and attack again - possibly waiting for the next attack and swarm the remaining jaegers.


      As a corollary: Maybe Otachi's not the only pregnant kaiju. Any number of previous or subsequent kaiju might have such a backup that managed to evade notice.

        Loading editor
    • RiftWitch wrote:
      Snip

      Now that is clever thinking. You get a cookie for initiative.

        Loading editor
    • 208.95.49.166 wrote: unless Newton's drift humanized the Kaiju in some small way.

      That's it! Newt made the Kaiju more human like! that's what made Otachi go to the bedroom with Leatherback!


        Loading editor
    • The Kaiju are just animals. The drift wouldn't "humanize" them, any more than it would "animalize" or Newt. The thing to really consider is the understanding that the Precursors would gain of humanity through the drift.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, well you can't blame us for wanting intellegent Kaiju, they are cool already, but I think they would be cooler if they were as smart as humans! Or somewhere close to human intellegence.

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Hundun wrote: A living creature cant "pregnant by itself" so must be an external factor ( you know that ). If this was real, who did that to Otachi?

      Try asexual reproduction. Any organism that demonstrates a hermaphroditic quality is capable of such a feat on its own. Gyaos from the Heisei Gamera trilogy, Zilla from the 1998 Godzilla film, and the Shriekers from the Tremors series were all capable of asexual reproduction because they were both male and female. Thus, if the Otachi is similar to these creatures, it was also an hermaphrodite.

        Loading editor
    • Lily Ford
      Lily Ford removed this reply because:
      Necro Post.
      03:18, May 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Lily Ford
      Lily Ford removed this reply because:
      Necro Post.
      03:18, May 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message