FANDOM


  • I was looking at leatherback's page and I saw that his strength rating was the same as Otachi's.

      Loading editor
    • don't judge a book by its cover

        Loading editor
    • Makes sense now. I looked back at a scene from the movie, and otachi absolutely DWARFS leatherback. Which actually brings up the question of how leatherback weighs more than otachi.

        Loading editor
    • Nuclearshroom wrote:
      Makes sense now. I looked back at a scene from the movie, and otachi absolutely DWARFS leatherback. Which actually brings up the question of how leatherback weighs more than otachi.

      PR's official weight figures are honestly a load of rubbish. Unless you interpret them as water displacement in which case they make sense.

        Loading editor
    • That would still be strange for how leatherback's weight is higher.

        Loading editor
    • Leatherback's weight is mostly armor, not muscle.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not going to even bother asking why that would make him heavier, I don't want this thread to be to long.

        Loading editor
    • Nuclearshroom wrote:
      I'm not going to even bother asking why that would make him heavier, I don't want this thread to be to long.

      Armour would presumably be much denser than muscle so it's more mass in the same space, hence it weighs more than its equivalent volume in muscle. That's just physics.

        Loading editor
    • I also wouldn't worry about the thread getting too long. It's not like it would get in the way of anything else. Discussion threads exist for discussion.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, I know that. But Otachi was literally 3-4 times bigger, no matter how dense(well I suppose it could technically be so dense that leatherback would weigh more than Slattern, but we know that it's not that dense) it is, he's not weighing more than otachi. Also, I just don't like long threads. Which (wich?) is why I HATE the "could trespasser possibly be the toughest kaiju" thread (but there are so many hilariously stupid comments on it that I just can't stay away)

        Loading editor
    • No, she isn't that big. Even on her hind legs, she isn't that much taller than Leatherback, and she's significantly thinner.

        Loading editor
    • I know that's what the official sizes say, and normally, I would agree. But I'm telling you, look back at the beginning of the double event, and look at a scene where leatherback and otachi are in the same frame. I looked back myself and Otachi's head with an open mouth is seriously as big as leatherback's torso. Now that we're talking about leatherback's size, I could have sworn that the official size was exactly 260 ft tall.

        Loading editor
    • Slattern is only about twice the size of Gipsy Danger. Are you suggesting that Otachi is larger than Slattern? She's not even twice the size of Gipsy.

      But you know what? Just to placate you, I went back and watched it again. There is only one scene where both Otachi and Leatherback are in frame at the same time.


      Vlcsnap-2015-06-13-23h52m58s239

      You were saying?






      Her open mouth is not the same size as his torso (and keep in mind, he's bent over in this shot, so he's even taller than he appears). And even if it was, it wouldn't say much, because her open mouth is about as tall as her torso when she's bent over. All it means is that her mouth opens very wide.

      Also, you keep forgetting that Otachi is designed for flight, and therefore has to be very light for her size.

        Loading editor
    • Oh. I was tired, I guess I just didn't quite see it right. But she still looks a bit bigger, especially when you consider she has a huge tail. Also, the flight thing didn't really cross my mind. But back on topic, I realized that the whole "leatherback's weight is mostly armor, not muscle" thing(well I realized it a while ago, but I got bored of waiting for a less awkward chance to bring it up) explains his low strength stats.

        Loading editor
    • Leatherback is a tight bundle of muscle and armor, as I see it.

      Otachi's strength comes from the tail, leverage, and size. Leatherback's from being a brick.

        Loading editor
    • Well, christ! Another thread with no definite conclusion. So, first off Slattern is way over twice the size of Gipsy, but only if you include the tail. Otherwise, it's body is similar in height and width. Next,  Otachi is considerably larger than Leatherback, and appears to be made entirely of lean muscle, which may explain the strength stat. Also, Leatherback isn't necessarily strong, he does, however, possess massive, heavy fists, covered in large protrusions. This could lead to his punches having more power as similar to Cherno Alpha with "roll of coins". His large fists may also increase the damage he does. Leatherback isn't made of muscle the way Otachi is though. He exibits a large layer of fat around his stomach. As for the weight, Leatherback is heavier because Otachi needs to be light to fly, and because once again, the fat. He is also in possession of heavy boney, rock-like armor plates which may add to his weight. 

        Loading editor
    • Creeper da boss wrote: Otherwise, it's body is similar in height and width.

      ???, Slattern's body is WAY bigger than gipsy.

        Loading editor
    • No, His torso (minus head and tail and limbs) is similar in size to the enitrety of Gipsy danger. He's 600 feet long total, the tail is about 300 (1/2 for those of you who can't do math) leaving 300 feet of torso and head. take off another 50 feet for the head and you get 250, similar to a jeager. LOGICIFIED!

        Loading editor
    • I direct you to the 7th screenshot in the gallery page. I'm having difficulty copying it. Slattern is atleast as tall as gipsy on 4 legs, and is significantly longer than 600 ft, also, slattern's tails are longer than (his?) body.

        Loading editor
    • Creeper da boss wrote:
      No, His torso (minus head and tail and limbs) is similar in size to the enitrety of Gipsy danger. He's 600 feet long total, the tail is about 300 (1/2 for those of you who can't do math) leaving 300 feet of torso and head. take off another 50 feet for the head and you get 250, similar to a jeager. LOGICIFIED!

      He's about twice as long if you ignore the tails. I know this because I did some height extrapolations on Slattern a while back. Slattern is so ludicrously tall that in order to fit him in frame without crowding out the Jaegers del Toro had to use camera tricks or constantly have him bent over.

        Loading editor
    • Creeper da boss wrote: No, His torso (minus head and tail and limbs) is similar in size to the enitrety of Gipsy danger. He's 600 feet long total, the tail is about 300 (1/2 for those of you who can't do math) leaving 300 feet of torso and head. take off another 50 feet for the head and you get 250, similar to a jeager. LOGICIFIED!

      First of all, I am INCREDIBLY tired of you thinking that once you say something, it becomes indisputable fact, it just doesn't work that way. Second, are trying to suggest that slattern, a category 5, is smaller, without (his?)tails, than knifehead, a category 3? And if I sound like a hypocrite because earlier on the thread I supposedly said that otachi was bigger than slattern, I was actually suggesting that, atleast in that scene (some kaiju do APPEAR to vary in size from scene to scene), that leatherback was kinda small. One final thing, by minus head, are you subtracting the head and neck, or just the head.

        Loading editor
    • Creeper da boss wrote:
      Leatherback isn't made of muscle the way Otachi is though. He exibits a large layer of fat around his stomach. As for the weight, Leatherback is heavier because Otachi needs to be light to fly, and because once again, the fat. He is also in possession of heavy boney, rock-like armor plates which may add to his weight. 


      It may look like what we think of as fat, but keep in mind there's alien biology designed for war. Considering how kaiju probably aren't expected to last all that long by this point, it may be something more like a protective covering, there could be a ton of muscle under that layer, etc..

        Loading editor
    • Well, shit. this thread is mess now. We all think we're right, nobody will concede to anyone else. JESUS. I'm just saying that Slattern from the shoulders to the hips is only slightly larger than Gipsy Danger's entirety from head to toe, based on the dimensions given for each, and a bit of math. I"M VERY SORRY TO PISS YOU OFF NUCLEARSHROOM! I never said what I said was fact, the math I used, however, was. I didn't come up with the dimensions for Slattern either, I used the official size given by this site. tail -300 head/neck -50-100, 200-250 remaining from shoulders to hips.


      Edit: Knifehead is only 315 feet from head to toe, and that would make him larger than slattern's torso by 50-75 feet. Also, Slattern isn't as bulky as knifehead. He's more lean and muscled, whereas knifehead is like a friggin' giant brick.

        Loading editor
    • Creeper da boss wrote: I'm just saying that Slattern from the shoulders to the hips is only slightly larger than Gipsy Danger's entirety from head to toe, I"M VERY SORRY TO PISS YOU OFF NUCLEARSHROOM!

      I thought you meant from somewhere slighlty below the head, but you do need to consider that gipsy's chest from the back to front is a far shorter difference than slattern's torso, and the legs would be even shorter; besides, it's fine(although I really did not intend for you to think you did that, seriously).

        Loading editor
    • Good point, I didn't consider frot-to-back dimensions... and Slattern has the back and chest spikes.....DAMN.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message